Welp, the first half of May is over already! My #mmmay15 pledge was that I would try to wear at least one hand made item five (or more) days a week. I’m quite excited to say that I’ve managed at least one self made garment every day for the past two weeks! This is how my month has looked so far…
2) Stripey Linden Sweatshirt (also a Grainline Studio pattern)
4) Long sleeved Bronte tee in striped merino
5) Merino Colette Moneta
6) Lace trimmed Linden Sweatshirt
8) Button Back Grainline Hemlock tee
10) By Hand London Victoria Blazer (for Mothers day Lunch :D)
11) Dotty Chambray Archer shirt
14) Papercut Coppelia cardigan
So, some immediate observations:
- Grainline Studio Patterns kinda dominate my wardrobe! (Not a bad thing)
- I could do with some hand made bottoms! I really do need to get moving on some Ginger Jeans.
- I should make a couple of fancy tops. I’ve been out a few times this month, and it would have been nice to have some flash tops to dress up my jeans.
- I don’t like my merino Moneta. I don’t feel good in it, so I think it might get made into something else. I love the fabric, its lovely and squishy and warm, but it was a bad choice for the pattern. Hopefully I can recycle it into something I like wearing.
- I’ve been wearing either my Augusta Hoodie or my Malu Raincoat every day, so I’m glad to have both in my wardrobe!
I haven’t found it too hard to put together outfits containing handmade garments (benefits to mostly sewing basic separates!), but I’m finding it a bit challenging to get decent outfit photos when I leave the house before dawn and get home in the dark. I can’t even get a photo at work, because I wear scrubs! So sorry that they’re a bit rubbish, but I’m sure you get the general idea…